Test Kitchen - Birthday Blondies Breakfast


I can think of no better way to start your birthday than to have dessert for breakfast.  And that my friends, is exactly how T and I started his special day.  Traditionally, I bake T a fancy double decker yellow birthday cake smothered in buttercream but this year he opted for blondies instead.  I used this "infinitely adaptable" basic blondies recipe from Smitten Kitchen and added chopped macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks per the birthday boy's request.  The end result, a beautifully caramelized bit of baked goodness that would make any grown man happy to live to eat another day (despite growing another year older). 




I'm not one to toot my own horn too much but after burning the bottoms of countless cookies and muffins (our oven in Kenya is super finicky), I have to say something about these here blondies.  You know if the bottoms of your blondies look that good (above), they have to be nothing short of kickass.  




Paired with some fresh raspberries and toasted corn tea, I'd say T's birthday was off to a pretty good start.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!