Squash



Two Wednesdays ago, T convinced me to try playing squash for the first time at the Impala Club.  And I have to say, I think it's my new favorite sport.  That's not to say that I'm any good though.  I seriously think my hand-eye-coordination is directly correlated with the size of the ball... and if you haven't ever seen a squash ball before, it's pretty damn small, and therefore bad news for my chances of ever winning a match.  I grew up playing soccer, basketball, and even a little volleyball, which despite being many years out of practice, I could still give a decent performance in if need be.  But squash on the other hand, I couldn't make two good serves in a row if my life depended on it and my backhand will never be more than a danger to myself.  Nevertheless, I'm diggin' it.  I mean what's not to love about running around an empty room, wildly swinging a racquet in hopes of smashing a tiny rubber ball against the walls?  It's just the kind of madness I crave.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!