Test Kitchen: Orange Almond Cake


It's been awhile since I did any baking so when I saw this recipe on my Pulse news feed, I thought it was high time that I dove back in again.  I think this recipe is based on a Spanish cake and is probably the most unique recipe I've followed thus far.  For one, while I've eaten many more oranges than the average person, never have I ever boiled them.  As it turns out, the boiling process helps to mellow out any bitterness from the skin or the pith.  The recipe also does not call for any flour or butter and everything is either chopped to bits or whipped into foam which gives it an interesting consistency in the end.  If you include the syrup and candied oranges, it's a pretty ambitious recipe but it makes for a cake that just as easy on the eyes as it is on the taste buds!   







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!