Craft Lab - Kitenge Notebooks



After shopping for notebooks and finding our options in Kenya less than enticing, T and I had the idea to make our own notebooks using African fabrics.  As neither of us are well versed in book binding we thought we'd start easy and model our notebooks after something like the Moleskine cahier.  For the past couple weeks, I've been experimenting with different methods of bonding the covers and sewing the notebooks together.  Yesterday, I just finished the first three prototypes and while some turned out better than others, it's still a work in progress.  So while I'm back to the drawing board, here are a couple of my notes so far. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!