Window shopping


Just a few years ago, I never thought I'd buy 90% of my clothes online.  Shopping for clothes was such a sensory endeavor.  I had to see the colors for myself, feel the material on my skin, and most importantly, try to fit into the size I hoped and prayed to be.  But then I started teaching public school, an occupation that quickly proceeded to occupy 15 plus hours of my day, 6 days a week.  I was so busy that I had trouble finding time to go to the bathroom between classes.  There was no way in hell I was going to have time to go the mall.  And on the few days I had to myself, I barely had enough energy to do anything other than vegetate.  Given my circumstances, I progressively found myself shopping more and more online.  By the time we left the US, I'm pretty sure I was buying everything except our groceries from an internet store.

We have yet to test out the postal system here in Kenya but what little I have heard about it has not been encouraging.  Furthermore, mail is not customarily delivered to one's doorstep as it is in the US.  Rather, I am told that mail is delivered to a PO Box that we would have to rent at our nearest post office.  I've been living in Nairobi for about 2 months now and have yet to even lay eyes on a postage stamp let alone a post office.   That said, internet shopping is now out of the question for me.  Yet, I still get email flyers from my favorite retail stores and find myself wistfully perusing through their webpages regularly.

This past Saturday, I treated myself to a Kumaro tunic from the 'Mr. Price' store at The Junction.  Wanting a break from website coding, I thought why not window shop online for items I would wear with my new tunic?  Hours of web surfing later, here is what I've come up with:

1.)  Navy tweed jacket from JCrew
2.)  Gem earrings from Ruche
3.)  Peter Pan blouse from American Eagle Outfitters (to wear under the tunic)
4.)  Skinny belt from JCrew
5.)  Suede booties from DSW
6.)  Mustard tights from Forever 21
7.)  Aqua clutch from Marketa New York on Etsy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!