Try try again

It took two tries but I finally made a relatively successful plum dessert!  The first time, I didn't use enough butter (my conversion to metric measurements was dismally rusty) and I ended up with a sandy plum tart.  This time I used Ina's recipe for plum tartin and got much better results... (not to mention that I actually took the time to carefully calculate the metric conversions).  That's not to say that there weren't any hiccups.  There wasn't quite enough all purpose flour in the house so it had to be supplemented with a chapatti flour mix.  In the end, I think it did good things for the texture of the cake and added a kind of nutty flavor.  Something about calling things by their French name seems to make it instantly more fancy.  I suppose, "caramelized upside down chapatti flour plum cake" doesn't have quite the same ring.


Post a Comment




Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!