Days Go By

Suffice it to say, it's been a pretty jam packed week which is why it's been awhile since I've put anything up around here.  There was a birthday to celebrate (I'm 33!?!), a tree to trim, a transhemispheric flight to board, and a war to wage against the frightening layer of dust that has taken over apartment in Nairobi.  After spending nearly three months in Seoul, it's been somewhat surreal and disorienting to find ourselves back in Kenya.  Leaving home is always more bitter than sweet for me but I suppose life must go on.  And as time waits for no one, I'm also finding that neither does Christmas... a realization which has had me parked in front of my computer on a frantic, online holiday shopping marathon for the past two days.

Among the many loved ones I've been shopping for is my BFF of 14 years. In addition to sharing a birthday together, we also share a Christmas gift giving tradition.  That is, we always gift each other with a calendar for the upcoming new year and have a post mortem of the year past.  Scouring the interwebs for the perfect gift, I was suddenly struck with a realization: wall calendars are kind of a committment.  For the next 365 days, you’re committing to bringing it into your home and to a certain degree, planning your entire life around it.  Come to think of it, I’ve definitely had relationships that didn’t last as long as a wall calendar.  All the more reason, it's important to get a calendar that kicks ass.  Here's a round up of my finalists. 





1.)  Recipe Wall Calendar by Liz Carver Design from Etsy
2.)  Sanctuaries Calendar from Anthropologie
3.)  3D Landscape Desk Calendar by Sky Goodies from Etsy  
4.)  Surprise Mail Calendar by 'All This Is Mine' from Etsy 
5.)  Anne Taintor Wall Calendar from Amazon



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!