Super Geek



I haven't followed NBA basketball in a while so it's especially hard for me to trace how or why I've come to know about Chris Bosh... all I know is that I've always had a lot of respect for him as a talented basketball player.  Then I saw him on Conan and learned that he's also a talented photobomber which only made me like him even more.  Then I read his article for Wired about why he thinks everyone, especially kids, should learn to code and what can I say... I am over the moon.  As a former teacher and engineering student, I am totally on board with his message, but I especially love that it's coming from NBA superstar Chris Bosh who also happens to be a HUGE geek.  He was a 'Whizkid' in high school for crying outloud and as if that wasn't enough, he signs off with "winning" in binary code!?!?!  So hats off to Chris Bosh for reaching levels of geekdom even I wouldn't attempt while still being a beast on the court.  I've gotta say, I'm feeling pretty inspired... on one hand it makes me want to run a marathon (only because it's too late for me to win the women's World Cup) and on the other hand, it kinda makes me want to program the shit out of a new app... clearly the only solution is to do both at the same time.  Whaddya think of that, NBA super geek, Chris Bosh??



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!