Fantastic Mr. Dahl



Like so many people out there, Roald Dahl is hands down one of my favorite authors.  His books impressed me so much that to this day I have a pretty clear recollection of how I came to be introduced to each of them.  Both James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and Chocolate Factory were read to me by my second grade teacher... and Matilda (my all time Dahl fav) I ordered from Scholastic in fourth grade.  But it all started with Fantastic Mr. Fox which I borrowed from the library one fateful summer day after first grade.  I not only loved to get lost in Dahl's fantasmical stories, but his creative use of language always left me intrigued and wanting to hear more.

So it goes without saying that I was thrilled when T shared this article with me about Galerie F's project called "Fantastic Mr. Dahl."  To celebrate it's first anniversary, the Chicago based gallery recruited 18 European artists to create gig posters based on the works of Roald Dahl.  The results, I must say, are as whimsical as they are beautiful.   And I appreciate that the range of Dahl titles featured are as varied as the artistic styles of each artist.  To my further delight, prints of each design are on sale from $35 to $60.  If only they shipped to Kenya!!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!