Test Kitchen: Granola Bars



I've always been a fan of granola and used to eat it on the regular.  But it's been a while since I've had any so when I saw Ina making homemade granola bars, I thought it might be fun to revisit an old favorite treat.  The recipe was pretty simple and I was able to round up most of the ingredients between trips to Nakumatt and Uchumi.  The only thing I couldn't find was wheat germ which I substituted with toasted wheat bran.  The recipe also called for dates but I exercised some creative license to use a dried berry mix instead.  Everything was going great until I started multitasking and was late to take them out of the oven.  Now I have a dozen toasty reminders to slow down and stay focused!  











0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!