Happy Earth Day!

It's been pretty quiet around here on oinge for a while but that's not to say we haven't been up to much. We've been moving, unpacking, building, cleaning, shopping, eating, and generally living it up in our new digs (more on that later)! But one of the things I'm most excited about is the new line of products I've developed and added to the store!!  So without further ado, I present to you oinge's African Kitenge Packable Totebags!!


Kitenge Tote I started making these bags while we were living in Kenya when I combined my love for kitenge fabric with my need for reuseable grocery bags that could be carried around easily.  I had seen and used other packable tote bags before but never liked how they usually involved fumbling with straps or searching for small separate carrying pouches.  So I tried sewing in a little pouch on the inside of the tote into which the rest of the bag could be folded or stuffed.  After a handful of iterations, I came upon this packable design.


output_XxpHqc


And when the pouch isn't being used to store the bag, it can be used to hold your keys, cellphone, or change purse to prevent them from getting lost or damaged at the bottom.


Red Bag Inside BLOG


Handmade by me with beautiful African wax print “kitenge” fabric, each bag is one-of-a-kind as the fabric print aligns a little differently on every bag.  Handles are made with cotton fabric in complimentary colors and topstitched with an “X” for extra strength. Come have a closer look at my shop!!


Earth Day Sale!!
Get 15% off your purchase if you use the code: HEARTEARTH15.  
Valid until April 30, 2014. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!