A Word on Westgate



It's been pretty quiet here at oinge for a while... partly because of sudden upheavals in my personal schedule and more recently because I've been processing the recent events that took place at Westgate Mall in Kenya.  The last couple weeks have been a strange and disturbing time for Kenya... I'm still trying to make sense of what happened and how it has or even should effect me.  But even if I had any understanding of what to articulate, I wasn't sure if I wanted to share them here as oinge wasn't created to be that kind of space.  Even still, as Kenya has been a large part of my life (and this blog) in the past year, somehow it felt wrong to keep Westgate completely out of this space.  I started oinge as a way to record the days I'd want to remember and despite the terror that encircles them, September 21 and the days thereafter are days that will not and should not be forgotten.  And so, for the time being, I just wanted to say that I'm rooting for the victims of Westgate and their families.  I hope they find recovery, resolution, and some kind of normalcy soon.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!